When you're a person living in poverty, the chances of your rising out of poverty depends on where you live. A study finds the odds of rising to another income level are notably low in certain cities, like Atlanta and Charlotte, and much higher in New York and Boston, according to an article on research by economists that was posted in the New York Times.
Doug Cooper Spencer is the author of the novels: 'This Place of Men', 'People Like Us' and 'Leaving Gomorrah' (the three books in the 'This Place of Men Trilogy'), as well as a book written as an epistle: 'A Letter to A Friend: Thoughts on Living As A Gay Man'.
- Doug Cooper Spencer
- Ella Pruitt (excerpts)
- This Place of Men: book 1 of trilogy (excerpt)
- People Like Us: book 2 of trilogy (excerpt)
- Leaving Gomorrah: book 3 of trilogy (excerpt)
- A Letter to a Friend (excerpts)
- Short Stories
- Memory Pieces: Stories From My Past
- Black LGBTQ People in History
- The Photo Slide
- Blog: The View from Here
- Essays and Interviews
- About the Author/Contact