Re: The Trayvon Martin case... I hope people will continue to do the work that's needed for systemic change. People need to be more proactive and not just reactive to singular events. The situation we're seeing in this country will go on until we involve ourselves every day to work for change. I fear that after this trial has concluded most people will go back to their holes and raise their heads only when the next act takes place.
Doug Cooper Spencer is the author of the novels: 'This Place of Men', 'People Like Us' and 'Leaving Gomorrah' (the three books in the 'This Place of Men Trilogy'), as well as a book written as an epistle: 'A Letter to A Friend: Thoughts on Living As A Gay Man'.
- Doug Cooper Spencer
- Ella Pruitt (excerpts)
- This Place of Men: book 1 of trilogy (excerpt)
- People Like Us: book 2 of trilogy (excerpt)
- Leaving Gomorrah: book 3 of trilogy (excerpt)
- A Letter to a Friend (excerpts)
- Short Stories
- Memory Pieces: Stories From My Past
- Black LGBTQ People in History
- The Photo Slide
- Blog: The View from Here
- Essays and Interviews
- About the Author/Contact